No more than 6 units from Level 1 courses
Any 3 units from the following list of SUSTAIN courses may count towards this requirement:
SUSTAIN 1S03 – Introduction to Sustainability;
SUSTAIN 2S03 – Evaluating Problems & Sustainable Solutions;
SUSTAIN 2lS3 – Intersectionality & Sustainable Development;
SUSTAIN 2SD3 – Exploring the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals;
SUSTAIN 3S03 – Implementing Sustainable Change;
SUSTAIN 4S06 – Leadership in Sustainability
Selected from two or more Faculties as outlined by the Interdisciplinary Minor in Sustainability Course list in the Undergraduate Calendar.
Any cross-listed course between two or more Faculties and those of interdisciplinary programs will be counted as a course outside of the student’s home Faculty. ENVIRSC and EARTHSC courses are administered by the Faculty of Science. ENVSOCTY and GEOG courses are counted as Social Sciences courses.
Sustain courses do not count towards units outside a student’s home Faculty.
Student requests for course substitution can be completed using the request template and sent to Minor Committee Co-Chair Kate Whalen at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Request for Course Substitution template can be found at the appropriate tab above.
- Students should note that not all courses listed are available each year. As well, it is the student’s responsibility to check carefully for prerequisites, co-requisites and enrolment restrictions.
- Students are strongly encouraged to seek guidance from their academic advisor to ensure they are meeting all enrolment requirements, including Faculty-specific requirements for double counting courses required for a student’s major.
- All courses have enrolment capacities. The Faculty cannot guarantee enrolment in courses for minors, even when prerequisites have been met.
- ENVIRSC and EARTHSC courses are administered by the Faculty of Science.
- ENVSOCTY and GEOG courses are counted as Social Sciences courses.